WestJet is arguably the second-largest aircraft career in Canada that carries over 66,130 passengers every day. On average, 777 flights take off every day to every part of the country. According to recent statistics, 25.49 million passengers took aboard on the WestJet flights in 2018. Incorporated in the year 1996, the company has always focussed on a low-cost alternative for their passengers, which allow them to compete against big brands in airlines business. They offer their services to over 100 locations in Canada, US, Mexico, and various parts of Europe. Over 13,000 employees work in WestJet all around the world. Therefore, there are numerous job opportunities that you can cash in if you stay alert. Moreover, there are two direct subsidiaries as well – WestJet Encore and WestJet Link, which creates more job opportunities. So, in this article, we will discuss various possibilities of jobs that WestJet provide and the average annual pay scale as well. Apart from that, we will also discuss the additional benefits they offer to their employees.
Company : Westjet
Job : various
Location : Canada
As WestJet is one of the largest companies in Canada, they have several divisions which are in operation. Naturally, there are many job opportunities that you can try and apply. So, let us know where you can try to get a job before diving into the salary structure and other benefits they offer.
- Contact centre: The Contact centre of WestJet receives more than 12,000 calls every day. As they represent the company, it is an essential division with a lot of job opportunities. If you believe you have strong conversational skills, then this is the ideal place for you.
- Corporate office: The Corporate office, which is in Calgary is the brain of the company. Several vital activities are maintained from here such as Finance, Information technology, Operations, Sales, and Marketing. There, you can guess that there are plenty of job opportunities here as well.
- Customer service and Guest service: You can serve the company by becoming the customer service agents (CSAs) and guest service ambassadors (GSAs). WestJet trains them specifically to handle every problem that typically arises. So, you can target to become either a CSA or GSA.
- Flight attendants: Flight attendants are the face of the company. Naturally, WestJet doesn’t compromise in this department. There is no doubt this job is tough, but the prestige and remuneration that they offer are worth working. So, if you believe you are sincere with a mild humorous personality, apply for this elite post.
- Operations control centre: The Operations control centre is the primary working unit where all the flights are managed, including the passengers and the crew members. This unit works 24×7, which makes them more critical. Several job opportunities that you can opt in this department such as load controllers, dispatchers, crew schedulers, controllers, operations coordinators, guest solutions, and maintenance individuals.
- Pilot: Being a Pilot is often considered as a dream job. WestJet has a network of more than 90 countries, with newer and faster fleets adding quite frequently. So, there are ample opportunities to chase for your dream job here.
- Technical operations: The Technical operation is basically the maintenance department of WestJet and check for any malfunction in the flight or the control centre. As numerous flights need regular maintenance, there are plenty of job opportunities that you can grab onto.
- Turnaround crew: The Turnaround Crew is responsible for safely parking flights and cargo from an airport. They manage the aircraft to weather storms while landing and taking off as well. Since there are hundreds of flights all around the world, there are numerous job opportunities for you to get.
Westjet – Vacancies available
|Analyst - Revenue Management & Pricing||View & Apply|
|Channel Owner Lead, Content||View & Apply|
|Senior Integrations Developer||View & Apply|
|Communications & Public Relations Strategist||View & Apply|
|Contracts Coordinator - Sales Development - 12 Month Term||View & Apply|
|Senior Manager - Ground Operations||View & Apply|
|Analyst - Revenue Management & Pricing||View & Apply|
|Customer Service Agent - Casual||View & Apply|
|First Officer||View & Apply|
|737 First Officer Pilot - WestJet||View & Apply|
Salary Packages & Benefits
Before we talk about the salary packages that WestJet offer to their employees, let us check the fundamental benefits they provide to almost all their employees. They get benefits related to Insurance, Health & Wellness, Financial & Retirement, Family & Parenting, Vacation & Time Off, and Perks. The amount of coverage may vary from one job role to others. Now, let us look at different
job roles along with their average annual salary.
- Flight Attendant: Typically, a Flight Attendant receives $$58,479 along with $3,196 as Cash Bonus, $9,892 as Stock Bonus, and $1,535 as Profit Sharing.
- Guest Service Ambassadors: A GSA gets a salary of $30,198 along with Stock Bonus of $2,500, Profit Sharing of $1,202, and Tips of $631.
- Pilot: WestJet Pilot receives a salary of $133,109. Apart from that, they also get a Stock Bonus of $5,935 and Profit Sharing of $7,710.
- Turn Around Crew: A Turn Around Crew typically receives $29,000 as their salary.
- Coordinator: The Coordinators of WestJet receives $56,442 as salary. On top of that, $11,311 as Stock Bonus and $1,232 as Profit Sharing.
WestJet is, without a doubt, among the top companies in Canada, if not in the world. The work environment is pretty decent and has several positive reviews. Therefore, you shouldn’t miss an opportunity if you get one.