If you are looking for a retail store where you will get items for less than four dollars consistently, then Dollarama is the best option for you. Dollarama is one of the largest retailers in Canada, which has more than 1,000 stores all across the country. The company debuted in the year 1992 at Quebec; now, it is one of the reputed brands of retail stores which, spread across metropolitan areas, mid-sized cities and small towns. The products they sell are affordable as the company aims to serve ordinary citizens. Dollarama is a big size company that has over 20,000 employees. Therefore, when it comes to job opportunities, you will get a lot of them, especially in their retail unit. However, there are other areas where you can think of too. So, in this article, we will examine the job opportunities that Dollarama offers along with the salary packages they provide. Not to mention the additional benefits they provide to their employees as well.
Company : Dollarama
Job : various
Location : Canada
Dollarama is a common household name for the average citizens in Canada. Naturally, they offer a lot of job opportunities in two of their divisions. We will discuss the salary and additional benefits a bit later as it is essential know about these two divisions where you can look for a job.
- Store: Dollarama has over 1,000 stores in just two decades of operations. Based on this information, we can assume how much popular they are. Now, we can speculate some more stores which are in course to open shortly. Therefore, it is safe to say that if you are looking for a job opportunity, whether it is full-time or part-time, it is best you look in the retail unit or the stores of Dollarama. Some of the illustrious job roles are Store Manager, Store Associate, Assistant Team Leader, and many more. So, if you think you are energetic and dynamic, you can always apply.
- Head Office: This is where Dollarama has been a revelation. The management of the company is extremely efficient in handling company affairs. There are tons of job opportunities that you can apply. Some of the notable job roles are in Accounting, Administrative Support, Distribution Centre, Human Resources, Information Technology, Legal Affairs, Logistics, and Warehouses. However, you need different sort of skills for each job role they offer. So, if you think you do possess any of these particular skill sets, you should apply now.
- Job Fair: Dollarama organizes Job Fairs throughout the year. It is an excellent opportunity for you as they are seeking for the job role themselves. Check out the career section of their official website to be updated with the time and venue of the upcoming Job Fairs.
Dollarama – Vacancies available
|District Manager||The District Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing multiple retail store operations and people development within their assigned district. The District Manager performs general management duties ensuring that all responsibilities required to properly run the stores are completed in a professional manner. He/She ensures consistency at the store level throughout the district in line with company guidelines and best practices, recruits, develops and trains new managers, and supports the opening of new locations.||View & Apply|
|Store Manager||The Store Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the daily retail store operation which includes: day-to-day operations, merchandising activities, recruitment and training activities, working schedules and the inventory management. The Store Manager also ensures that the consistency of the store is in line with the company guidelines and best practices.||View & Apply|
|Assistant Store Manager||The Assistant Store Manager provides support to the Store Manager in overseeing the daily retail store operations, and in the absence of the Store Manager, ensures that store opening/closing and asset management procedures are followed. The Assistant Store Manager makes sure that company rules and regulations are explained, understood and followed by all team members. He ensures the inventory counts are done in a prompt and precise manner in order to have proper resupply of goods and ensures that established merchandising practices are followed. The Assistant Store Manager participates in recruitment and training activities of new employees.||View & Apply|
|Assistant Team Leader||The Assistant Team Leader provides support to the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager and Team Leader in overseeing the daily retail store operations. In the absence of the Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager and Team Leader, the Assistant Team Leader ensures that store opening/closing and asset management procedures are followed, employees work safely, provides quality customer service and sees to store cleanliness.||View & Apply|
|Store Associate||As a team player, the Store Associate performs all general operations and merchandising duties required to successfully run a Dollarama store. These duties must be completed in a professional manner and include but are not limited to operating the point of sale system, ensuring the established merchandising practices are followed, assisting in the receiving of all merchandise, and ensuring that merchandise be displayed according to company standards. The Store Associate provides quality customer service and ensures store cleanliness.||View & Apply|
Salary Packages & Benefits
Before we dive into the specific job roles along with their salary packages, it is important to know about the additional benefits Dollarama is offering. To start with, they offer some Insurance, Health & Wellness plans like Health Insurance, Extended Health Care, and Disability Insurance. Next, they offer Financial & Retirement benefits like Workers Compensation, Pension Plan, Retirement Plan, and Performance Bonus. They don’t hesitate to provide Family & Parenting benefits like Maternity & Paternity Leave, Flexible Time, and Childcare. For benefits related to Vacation & Time Off, they offer Sick Leave, and Bereavement Leave on top of regular vacation and time offs. Employee Discount,
Free Lunch or Snacks, and Massage are some Perk benefits. Please note the coverage amount or the number of leave days may vary from low to high job posts, but typically every employee gets the same benefits.
Now, let us focus on some of the typical job roles along with the annual salary packages they receive.
- Cashier: Typically, a Cashier of Dollarama gets an average of $25,108 per annum as their salary. On top of that, they get some Cash Bonus as well.
- Store Manager: Store Manager gets an annual salary of $40,039 on an average. However, they also get $3,193 per annum as Cash Bonus, $539 as Stock Bonus, $539 as Profit Sharing, and $1,094 as Commission Sharing.
- Assistant Team Leader: Dollarama offers an average of $30,173 per annum to its Assistant Team Leader. They also get some Cash Bonus.
- Customer Service: The Customer Service of Dollarama receives an average salary of $49,500 per annum.
- Manager: The Managers of Dollarama gets an average remuneration of $39,000 per annum.
- Part Time Employee: The Part-Time Employees of Dollarama gets $25,000 per annum on an average as their salary.
- Clerk: The Clerks in Dollarama receives annual remuneration of $24,500 on an average.
Dollarama Canada has a great work ambience, and the salary packages are industry standard. On top of that, they offer all the necessary additional benefits that a standard Canadian company typically provide. So, you should not waste any opportunity if you get one!