The Walt Disney Company is a conglomerate of multinational mass media and entertainment. They are arguably the biggest name in the entertainment and movie-making industry. The dynamic duo, Walt and Roy O. Disney found the company way back in 1923. However, Walt Disney was the pioneer of a new trend as he is the godfather of the Animation industry. They literary invented cartoon, which has now evolved into a multi-billion-dollar industry.
Over 10,000 employees work in Disney Canada. However, Disney has been working in collaboration with various other famous corporate divisions like Walt Disney Pictures, Pixar, 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney Animation Studios, and of course, the ground-breaking Marvel Studios. Now, as these companies have their own managing unit, we will not include the job opportunities that they are offering. We will focus on the core company operations and its various departments for job opportunities. We will also take a look at the job roles and their salary packages along with the additional benefits they provide.
When we focus on the core company operations of the Walt Disney Company in Canada, we can take four departments where you can apply for a job. So, before diving into the job roles shenanigans, let us check these departments first.
- Human Resource: There are plenty of job opportunities in the HR department of Disney Canada. You can try for a post like Human Resources Business Partner or even Senior Manager. If you believe you have the experience to manage personnel, it is worth trying.
- Data Analytics: On a company where the primary revenue flow is directly related to public opinion of what they want and what they don’t want, Data Analyst jobs are very critical. Meanwhile, this department has multiple job opportunities for you to cash in.
- Technology: From Senior R&D Render to CRM Administrator; Walt Disney Canada is in search of people who can fill in some of the crucial job roles. So, if you are passionate and obsessed with technology, then this is the best place that you should apply.
- Finance & Accounting: There are several job opportunities that you can apply in this integral unit of Walt Disney Canada. They encourage people who have skills in this domain and can add significant inputs for the betterment of the company. So, apply if you have confidence.
Walt Disney – Vacancies available
|Disney Store: Sales Associate (PT)||View & Apply|
|Disney Store Key Holder Cast Member (PT)Yorkdale Mall||View & Apply|
|Disney Store Assistant Store Manager||View & Apply|
|Senior R&D Render/Shader Engineer Vancouver, BC||View & Apply|
|Disney Store: Sales Associate (PT)||View & Apply|
Salary Packages & Benefits
The salary packages they offer to their employees are decent and industry-standard. But, before we talk about that, let us check the additional benefits they provide to their employees. Please note that not also the benefits are available to every employee, but we assume the amount varies, not the benefits.
They offer standard health insurance with decent coverage. Some employees also entitled to get term-life insurance coverage. There are free memberships for Gym and free entry to Disney parks. They also get three weeks of paid leave, and there are benefits like Workers Compensation, Performance Bonus, Retirement Plan, and Pension Plan. Some employees also apply for Maternity & Paternity Leave, which generally gets accepted.
Now, let us discuss various job roles along with their average annual salary packages. We can’t allocate all the vacancies with their salaries; we are just mentioning some essential job roles which
should give us the idea of the average pay scale of Walt Disney Canada.
- Customer Service Representative: The average annual salary package that Disney offers is $35,500.
- Senior Producer: A Senior Producer of Walt Disney Canada get an average of $1,14,500 per annum along with $10,500 per annum as Cash Bonus.
- Senior Software Engineer: Walt Disney Canada provides an average salary package of $1,07,000 per annum to the Senior Software Engineers. Plus, they get $5,500 per annum as Cash Bonus.
- Project Manager: A Project Manager working in Walt Disney Canada gets a salary package of $86,500 per annum.
- Assistant Marketing Manager: The average yearly remuneration draw by an Assistant Marketing Manager of Assistant Marketing Manager is $53,000.
- Freelance Drawing: Walt Disney Canada offers jobs to Freelance Artists. They averagely earn $53,500 per annum.
- Lead Artist: The Lead Artists of Walt Disney Canada draw a salary of $83,500 per annum on an average.
- Senior Interface Designer: The Senior Interface Designers working in Senior Interface
Designer receives an average salary package of $84,000 per annum.
- Project Coordinator: The elite Project Coordinators of Project Coordinators get an average yearly remuneration of $51,000.
- Systems Administrator: A Systems Administrator working in Disney Canada gets an annual salary of $87,000 averagely. Apart from that, they also receive $10,500 as Stock Bonus along with some Profit Sharing cash benefits.
The Walt Disney Company is a massive organization with thousands of employees working, and thousands are required every day. However, they prefer experienced people to work for them. There are some grievances related to the additional benefits they offer, but that we have to excuse for a company as big as Walt Disney.