Disney Cruise Line is a renowned subsidiary of the Walt Disney Company that offers cruise line services for the people primary living in North America and Europe. The company was first incorporated by the name Magical Cruise Company Limited back in 1966. Then, Disney took over the company and re-branded it into Disney Cruise Line at 1995. Currently, there are 4 fleets that the company is operating and 3 more are lined up to join in years to come. Disney Magic, which is their first ship, can accommodate around 2,700 passengers. Disney Wonder is the name of their second cruise ship that can carry roughly 2,400 passengers. The third cruise ship that Disney Cruise Line offers is Disney Dream with a capacity of up to 4,000 passengers. Finally, the last one is Disney Fantasy, that has been designed for carrying 4,000 elite passengers. As you can see, there are 4 ships in operation. So, that means you can always fancy yourself getting a job in either one of those ships or the once that are in development. So, in this article, we will talk about the voyage job opportunities that the company is offering, their salary discussion, and what additional benefits their employees do get.
Company : Disney Cruise Line
Job : various
Disney Cruise Line is one of the frontline cruise line companies in the world right now. Since 2011, there are expert reports that suggest 1.95% of the total market share. That is not all; the company also has 2.8% of the cruise market in the entire world. So, what we can figure out is the place has ample job opportunities to capitalize. Now, we have, therefore, located some areas where you will have the best chances to get a job.
- Disney Magic Cruise Ship: This ship is the first cruise ship of the company with a passenger capacity of around 2,700 people. Naturally, in order to maintain a crowd that high, you need a number of skilled personnel. As per the last accumulated report, there are roughly 950 crew members who manage 11 public decks and 875 staterooms. Alongside that, there are 20 bright yellow lifeboats that need timely maintenance. On top of that, there are performers on the ship as well to entertain the passengers. So, if you know you are a natural explorer, you should give it a try.
- Disney Wonder Cruise Ship: Launched in the year 1999, the Wonder is the ship that has a passenger capacity of 2,400 people approximately. The ship is very close to Magic when we are comparing the looks. However, the number of crew members available in this ship is identical to Magic – 950. Intentional or not, the number of public decks is also the exact number – 11, along with the same number of staterooms – 875. The general eligibility to work in this ship is almost the same as Magic. So, if you have don’t have a homesickness phobia, this can be an ideal place to work on.
- Disney Dream Cruise Ship: Disney Cruise Line first introduced this ship in the year 2012, which sails to the Bahamas. The ship is around 40% larger than Magic, with a maximum capacity of 4000 passengers. There are 1,458 active crew members where you can get a job.
- Disney Fantasy Cruise Ship: The last place as of now where we believe you can try your luck is Fantasy, which has a maximum capacity of 4,000 passengers. The ship has 1,458 crew members as of now. But there is always a demand in this business for new faces.
|Disney Store Key Holder Cast Member (PT)||View & Apply|
|Disney Store: Sales Associate (PT)||View & Apply|
|Senior Generalist Vancouver, BC||View & Apply|
|Generalist Vancouver, BC||View & Apply|
|Production Assistant Vancouver, BC||View & Apply|
|Senior Creature Technical Director - Rigging Vancouver, BC||View & Apply|
|Creature Technical Director - Rigging Vancouver, BC||View & Apply|
|Disney Store: Multi-Store General Manager- Square One||View & Apply|
|CG Talent Manager Vancouver, BC||View & Apply|
Salary & Benefits
It is time to check out some personnel with the salary packages they receive every year:
- Youth Activities Counsellor: A Youth Activities Counsellor gets a monthly salary of USD 1,641, which is around $19,692 per annum.
- Cruise Vacation Agent: On average, a Cruise Vacation Agent earns around USD 11 per hour. Now, that means they get roughly $21,120 every year.
- Character Performer: The Character Performers typically gets roundabout USD 2,500 per month. That stands around $30,000 annually.
- Cruise Vacation Planner: The Cruise Vacation Planners roughly earns USD 15.5 every hour. Now, if we do the math, that is $29,760 per annum.
- Bartender: A Disney Cruise Line Bartender receives around USD 2,500 per month. So, that is approximately $30,000 every year.
When it comes to additional benefits, they are top-notch. From Health Insurance to Life Insurance, from Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance to Occupational Accident Insurance, they have covered it all. There are Pension plans, Supplemental Workers’ Compensation, Maternity & Paternity Leaves, Unpaid Extended Leaves, and a whole ton of Perks benefits like Employee Discount, Free Meals, and many more.
The Disney Cruise Line is an incredible company that not only offers handsome salary packages and additional benefits but a great life in a luxury cruise as well. So, grab the opportunity whenever you get any chance.