McDonalds is one of the leading franchises of fast food restaurants all over the world. The evergreen Ray Kroc built this company way back in 1955, and since then, they reside in the heart of every food lover across the globe. In Canada, more than 2.5 million burger lovers visit their stores. There are over 1,400 restaurants spread across the nation, and more than 90,000 employees found their career working with McDonalds Canada. Today, around 85% of the restaurants are locally owned by the citizens of Canada and operated as independent entrepreneurs across all communities. Naturally, there ample of job opportunities that are waiting for you in several departments. So, in this article, we will explore all the areas where you can get a job, and highlight the salary you might get if you work there along with the additional benefits that they offer.
Company : McDonald”s
Job : various
Location : Canada
McDonalds is a huge company which has over 1,400 restaurants. So, it is obvious that they always need new faces to serve millions of customers every day. So, you can apply for full-time jobs as well as part-time jobs. Meanwhile, we will now check out the departments where you can get a job.
- Retail Unit: The retail unit of McDonalds is the essence of the services they offer. There are a lot of job opportunities here – from a crew member to cashier, from supervisor to restaurant manager. You can apply for whichever post you feel you are confident. They also have a dedicated training & education module to train people how to deal with customers or how to prepare delicious burgers. However, it would be best if you have a mentality to absorb work pressure both physically and mentally. So, if you think you are up for it, you can try alone, or you can bring your friends as well.
- Corporate Unit: The Corporate unit is like the other side of the coin. In order to run a business as massive as McDonalds Canada, the management team must have to be competent. And they are skilled enough. Meanwhile, you can also give it a try to this other side of the coin by jumping aboard the management unit of the company. You can try and apply for posts like Analyst, HR Managers, IT technicians, and many more. There is no doubt that McDonalds Canada is one of the best quick-service restaurants, but even and after, there are close rivals like KFC or Jollibee. So, the management team have to stay alert all the time, which means more job opportunities for you.
McDonalds – Vacancies available
|gestionnaire/ gestion||View & Apply|
|Gestionnaire||View & Apply|
|Team Member||View & Apply|
|Overnight Full-time Crew Member||View & Apply|
|Assistant-Gérant||View & Apply|
|Salarié/ée||View & Apply|
|Manager||View & Apply|
|Overnight Cleaning||View & Apply|
|Cuisinier(e) ou Caissier(e) à temps partiel||View & Apply|
Salary Packages & Benefits
It is literary impossible to let you know the salary packages of all the job posts they offer, but we can surely pick a handful which can give us some idea. We will also discuss the additional benefits they get apart from their salary.
- Crew Member: The average pay of the Crew Members of McDonalds Canada is $24,000 per annum. The additional benefits they get are health insurance, Workers Compensation, and Sick Leave. Apart from that, they also get Performance Bonus based on the performance, of course.
- Crew Trainer: The Crew Trainer of McDonalds Canada gets a yearly remuneration of $25,000 averagely. They also get Workers Compensation, Retirement Plan, Health Insurance, and of course, the Performance Bonus. They also entitled with Free Lunch or Snacks.
- Assistant Manager: On average, the yearly remuneration of an Assistant Manager of McDonalds Canada is $38,000. Prior to that, they receive a Cash Bonus of $2,803 per annum along with some additional benefits – Health Insurance, Retirement Plan, and Maternity & Paternity Leave.
- General Manager: General Manager of McDonalds Canada is an illustrious post and therefore, they get an average salary of $56,000 per annum. Apart from all the additional benefits that all over employees get, GMs also receives a Cash Bonus of $5,123 per annum, Stock Bonus of $5,000, Profit Sharing of $801, and Tips of $3,000 per annum.
- Assistant Store Manager: Assistant Store Manager is a crucial role in the company; that is why they get an average of $49,500 per annum as salary. Apart from that, they get the compulsory benefits that all employees get; along with a Cash Bonus of $5,000 per annum.
- Chef: $60,000 is the average annual salary of a Chef in McDonalds Canada. Plus, they get Insurance, Health & Wellness benefits, Financial & Retirement benefits, Family & Parenting benefits, Vacation & Time Off benefits, and Perk benefits. They also get Professional Support like Job Training & Tuition & Diversity Program.
The is no doubt that if you work here, it would be a great start to your career. You will be perfectly placed in your career and get success accordingly. If you choose the management unit, there are global opportunities for you. No doubt they are a great team, and it is also a safe and secure work environment to work.