Department of National Defense in Canada invite the applications from eligible candidates for the position of Firefighters in Department of National Defense in Canada
Employer : Department of National Defense
Category recruited : Firefighter
Location : Canada
About Department of National Defense
The Department of National Defence (DND) is a Canadian government department responsible for defending Canada’s interests and values at home and abroad, as well as contributing to international peace and security. DND is the largest department of the Government of Canada in terms of budget as well as staff. The Department of National Defence exists to aide the minister in carrying out his responsibilities, and acts as the civilian support system for the Canadian Forces.
- Perform rescue, extinguishment, ventilation, overhaul, and forcible entry operations
- Drive and operate all types of firefighting vehicles
- Inspect and test fixed fire suppression and detection systems
- Maintain fire department equipment such as ladders, hose, rope, breathing apparatus, extinguishers, personal protective equipment, and all associated rescue equipment and vehicles
- Perform inspector duties, conduct inspections, and project reviews in order to make recommendations and corrective measures
- Provide peer and public instruction and education
- Provide helicopter rescue and damage control services as a member of a firefighting team while onboard ships
- Respond as part of an Airfield Engineering Squadron
- Respond to aircraft cable engagements and provide mobile arrestor gear skills
- Perform emergency medical response
Salary : $60,000 per year (for fully trained Firefighter)
- The minimum required education for this position is the completion of secondary school (or Secondaire V) with Grade 11 Academic Math (or Math 536 in Quebec) and one Science (Chemistry, Physics, or Physical Science) for Grade 11 or Secondaire V in Quebec.
- Foreign education may be accepted.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- At least 18 years old (17 years old with parental consent), except:
- For the Paid Education programs—you may be 16 years old (with parental consent)
- For the Primary Reserves—you may be 16 years old (with parental consent) and must be enrolled as a full-time student
- Have completed at least Grade 10 or Secondaire IV in Québec (some jobs need higher levels of education)
How to Apply
Interested candidates immediately apply through the official website of Canada Government (Link Given Below)