Walmart Canada is a household name in the retail store business; more so often in Canada. Established in 1994, Walmart started its venture with a small outlet. Now, however, they are, without a doubt, one of the largest retailers in the world. It has over 400 stores all over Canada and hundreds outside of the nation, serving millions of customers every day. They also have over 85,000 associates catering thousands of products and services. The main objective of the company is to serve the general citizens of Canada with affordable products and services. Now, after 20+ years of successful operations, they are indeed one of the most influential brands in Canada. So, in this article, we will discuss the job opportunities of this colossal company along with the salary packages and other benefits they offer to their employees.
Walmart Canada is a segment of a global community with 2 million+ associates scattered over 27 countries. There are more than 85,000 associates in Canada, who offers their services to support the average citizens financially. So, let us discuss the job opportunities circling the company.
- Retail Operations: The retail division is the most significant among all other division as the primary operations reply on it. Walmart Canada train young individuals how to treat with millions of customers visit in every outlet.
- Corporate: The corporate division of Walmart Canada provides your skillset to go
worldwide. There are thousands of job opportunities that you can choose such as Accounting & Finance, Communications & Corporate Affairs, Human Resource, and many more.
- Technology: Walmart Canada offers you a chance to build new technologies for their line of business. You can choose to become a techy guy for them, which will allow you to chase your passion for technology.
- Healthcare: Walmart offers clinical professional or Pharmacist, owning a business as an
Optometrist, or improving new experiences as an Optician. So, this is an excellent
opportunity if you belong to that specific category.
- Logistics and Fleet: Walmart has its owned Logistics Distribution Centre and an operations team of Fleets. So, you are looking for a career in this industry; there are thousands of job opportunities with a decent salary package.
- Campus Program: Walmart Canada is proud to offer the DARE Program, which is a dedicated initiative to mould your occupation route so that you can follow your passion and choose a career that you want.
Walmart Canada – Vacancies available
|Senior Software Engineer||View & Apply|
|Senior Software Engineer, Android||View & Apply|
|Senior Android Mobile Engineer||View & Apply|
|Operations Analyst - ISD||View & Apply|
|Senior Manager II, Global Business Services||View & Apply|
Salary & Benefits
Now when we know the job opportunities that Walmart Canada is offering in all their respective departments, we can focus on how much salary package you might expect and what are the additional benefits they provide. There are some principle benefits that every Walmart employees receive apart from their salary; that includes Insurance, Health & Wellness, Financial & Retirement plan, Family & Parenting benefits, Vacation & Time Off benefits, Professional Support, and Perk benefits.
The insurance plans include Life Insurance, Health Insurance, Disability Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance. When it comes to Financial & Retirement benefits, they offer Workers Compensation, Retirement Plan, Performance Bonus, Stock Options or Equity, Group Savings Plans. Likewise, they provide Maternity & Paternity Leave, Flexible Time, Work from Home, and Unpaid Extended Leave facilities when we consider Family & Parenting benefits. Meanwhile, here are some job roles with their average annual salary along with the other benefits that they get:
- Sales Associate: Walmart Canada offers a pay scale of $26,000 per annum averagely to its Sales Associates. Apart from that, the sales associates also get a Cash Bonus of $456, Profit Sharing of $716, and Commission Sharing of $26.
- Cashier: A typical Cashier of Walmart Canada gets an average salary of $25,000. However, there are some additional benefits that they get also; such as a Cash Bonus of $22, Commission Sharing of $78, and Profit Sharing of $704.
- Assistant Manager: Assistant Managers of Walmart Canada receives an average yearly salary of $58,000. Prior to that, they also entitled with a Cash Bonus of $2,933, and Tips of $1,464. Not to mention the Stock Bonus, which is just $7, and Profit Sharing of $2,152.
- Assistant Store Manager: The average yearly remuneration of an Assistant Store Manager in Walmart Canada is $57,000. But they also get some added cash benefits – $4,717 as Cash Bonus, $2,082 as Stock Bonus, and $2,556 as Profit Sharing.
- Fulfilment Associate: Walmart Canada offers a decent salary to its Fulfilment Associates, which is an average of $30,000 per annum. Several other cash benefits are also in place for them as well – $194, $1, and $817 for Cash Bonus, Stock Bonus, and Profit Sharing respectively.
Now, we all agree that Walmart Canada is a very reliable company, which offers a fantastic work environment for the employees. Some people argue about the pay scale which they believe is low; even though it is a company where you can get a job quickly; and on top of that, the growth opportunities are quite significant as well.