Colloquially known as the ‘Mounties’; the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) is the official federal police force of Canada. The RCMP enacts law enforcement throughout the country, and it also secures the provincial policing service is eight provinces of Canada. Those are Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, and Saskatchewan. So, it basically excludes two provinces – Ontario and Quebec, as they have its provincial police forces. Apart from that, it also operates on three different national territories as well – Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon. There are roughly 500+ municipalities, 600+ aboriginal communities, and three airports that operate internationally, all under the service of the RCMP. The organization is fully government controlled and has 30,092 active employees, both on-field and clerical. So, in this article, we will check out the career opportunities it offers. Alongside that, we will highlight the average pay scale of some significant posts and the additional benefits they get too.
Company : Royal Canadian Mounted Police
Job : various
Location : Canada
There are more than 150 specializations of job opportunities that you will find in a career with the RCMP. It is, apparently, the highest level of security the country is offering to its inhabitants. Meanwhile, you can choose among the most significant divisions of the RCMP which we will discuss below:
- Police officer careers: A Police Officer is one of the prestigious career options that any Canadian would be proud of. There are more than 18,000 active Police Officers all around the nation who have dedicated their lives for maintaining law and order in the country. From enforcing the law to a general and thorough investigation, these guys literary do it all. New opportunities are always rising, and if you got one, you should not leave that.
- Civilian employee careers: There are two typical ways you may get selected for a Civilian employee career. First, it may be via the RCMP Act as a Civilian Member, or second, it can be by the Public Service Employment Act, as a Public Service employee. Either way, the job is illustrious and secured. Even though it is tough as you may have to undergo tons of training to become an employee here, but there are definite opportunities that you can cash in.
- Community Constable careers: A career as a Community Constable can be a fantastic option. They maintain order in all the home communities by engaging directly in the domestic affairs involving every sort of crime. Every Community Constable undergoes 23
weeks of training to qualify for the job. However, job opportunities are plenty to exploit.
- Indigenous Pre-Cadet Training Program: Indigenous pre-cadet training is a particular program that allows a civilian to become a part of the RCMP. It is here that they learn the general code and conducts of the duties that a policeman has, and also go through several forms of training. This is an open forum to join this elite organization and serve your country.
|IT specialist||View & Apply|
|Canal/Waterway Maintenance Worker I-GL-MAN-06 Maintenance Worker II-GL-MAN-03||View & Apply|
|Interpretation Officer/Coordinator II||View & Apply|
|Mechanic||View & Apply|
|Technical Services Coordinator I||View & Apply|
Salary & Benefits
Before we reveal the salary packages of some of the fellow employees of the RCMP, let us first discuss the additional benefits that most of the employees do get. For starters, they are insured with life insurance plans and medical insurance plans with hefty coverage. Next, there are several perk benefits, like free meals or free car parking.
They are also entitled to get decent maternity leaves and other vacations prior to sick leaves. Apart from that, they also get professional support if they choose to pursue tuition or diversity programs. Other benefits include retirement plans, disability insurance plans, company-provided vehicles or rented apartments, and many more. Of course, it all depends on the job post that you are working on. It is time to discuss a few significant job roles and the salary packages that the RCMP offers. We will also talk about any additional payment forms alongside its amount as well:
- Police Constable: The average salary package that a Police Constable, who is employed under the RCMP, is $89,007 per annum.
- Police Officer: The Royal Canadian Mounted Police Officer receives an annual salary package of $99,089 averagely.
- Inspector: An Inspector hired by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police gets a yearly average remuneration of $1,35,247.
- Administrative Assistant: The average salary package of a Royal Canadian Mounted Police Administrative Assistant revolves somewhere between $46,000 – $61,000 per annum.
- General Duty Officer: Averagely, Royal Canadian Mounted Police offer their General Duty Officers a yearly salary package somewhere ranging between $80,000 – $91,000.
Mounties or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is one of the most trusted organizations in Canada, if not in the whole world, which is run by the government. There are tons of genuine opportunities that one can use to build a strong prestigious career. Very few organizations deliver the proud factor while working. The RCMP is one of the rarest indeed!